• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dog injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dana gibson

I purchased a new home about 18 months ago. The home is on 1 acre in a residential subdivision that is heavily wooded. Shortly after moving in, my dog was chasing a cat on our property and ran into a log metal rod used for setting cement ( I have heard it is called rebar ). This metal rod went through my dogs stomach. When I found her she was in the center of this bar with about 2-3 feet of the bar extending from both sides of her stomach. I had to call a vet to come and free her by cutting through her skin to release the bar. She then was in surgery for 45 minutes to repair the torn skin and muscle. This cost me $400. In Texas could the homebuilder be held responsible for this vet bill, since they were negligent in leaving the metal rod (actually after this incident I found several more and when I called the homebuilder they immediately came out and cleaned the rest of their debris from my yard) in my yard. If they are responsible, what is the statute of limitation on this? Please help! I live in Texas. Thanks, Dana

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">