• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't insurance companies bother to investigate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NothingIsSimple

I'm a California resident and was hit broadside on Feb. 3, 2006.

I was at a major shopping center that has a main four lane road that runs inbetween various stores and restaurants. I was going with the flow of cross traffic and saw a pathfinder from the corner of my eye coming to the end of one of the many parking aisles. At each end of the aisles the curb is painted red and you have to stop to be able to go left, right or cross over. She did not even slow, brake much less stop.

I have full coverage on my 96 Honda Civic EX and it was in perfect condition, bought off the showroom floor new, and I have always kept it maintained and serviced by the Honda dealer and it was in mint condition and even ten yrs old I would get compliments on my car.

We exchanged information and she told me she was about to stop. If that were true she would not have hit me. I took pics of my car which was in the exact spot when hit clearly showing the red curb at the end. She said she worked at the Wal Mart store and was at this particular one helping to do a reset. She also called out a manager who took pics of her vehicle and mine with another employees cell phone who also came out to let him use her camera. I was so upset I didnt get the mgrs or the other employees name.

Anyway, I managed to get my car to the dealer Saturday morning and basically it was not driveable because when I tried to turn left something would rub on what sounded like one of the tires and I did not want to cause further damage. Because the body shop is closed the dealer let me rent one of the dealer cars but said I would have to pay out of my pocket and get reimbursed by her insurance company because insurance companies only pay for rentals from Hertz or Budget or Enterprise etc.

My insurance company said they would send a claims adjuster to the dealership and would call me. I waited all week without hearing anything and am unable to call during the week from work and yesterday (Thurs) got ahold of the estimator in the body shop who said that my company wrote my car off as a loss and they said they called me and I said I would be picking my car up. I never even received a call or message from my company. So I contacted them and was told by some technician and you get someone different each time you call in that they had called her company (State Farm) and the other driver and neither she nor State Farm returned their calls so because I had full coverage and the estimate closely equals low blue book value they are writing it off as a loss.

Why am I having to cover this accident? It seems to me that State Farm is a large enough company that my claims adjuster who is the one that said he had talked to me and I would be picking up my car - both lies, would be requesting to talk to someone at State Farm. What kind of business just says oh well, they didnt call us back so that's that ? I have left the claims adjuster a message and have not gotten a call back from him but I'll be damned if I just say "Oh well, I will just let them screw me over and let the other driver off scott free even though I'm clearly not at fault."

I don't have the money to go buy a new vehicle and four thousand isnt going to do much of anything. Furthermore, I started a new job on Monday and have had to call in late and am about to lose this job because of having to make calls to adjust for eastern standard time and still have the dealers car which is now at $200 dollars.

Why do I even have insurance? and I can tell you if I lose this new job, the next job I will put in for will be that of an insurance claims adjuster!:mad:

stephenk

How much do you think a 10 year old Civic is worth? You are only entitled to the fair market value of your car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">