• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Don't know what to do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hambone745

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

I was involved in an auto accident on Dec 16,2004. I was stopped at the yeild sign to let traffic go and the lady behind me saw my brake light and paniced and hit her gas pedel instead of her brakes. I drive a crew cab dually, she has a madrix. She hit me hard enough that my truck went about 8 feet from where her car was. Little to none damage on my truck. My head was turned over my left shoulder to watch traffic when she hit me. To this day, i still have having upper back pain. I have been to the dr's 5 times already. The doc told me that i pulled my muscle that goes form my neck to my back. He could not tell me how long I would hurt for. He did say that it would probably come back when the weather was cold or it could come back just form me doing anyhting.Her insurance company offered me $500.00 for medicial expensives for 2 weeeks after the accident happened and 300.00 for "incovience" fee. I turned them down.
My question is how much do I ask for for my "incovience" without having to go to a lawyer. They want to settle and the are waiting for an answer form me. I told them if we could setting fine, if not I am getting a lawyer. I would appricate any help

teflon_jones

How much are your medical bills? Do you have any more medical appts coming up that will result in bills? $300 as an inconvenience fee doesn't sound terrible. Getting a lawyer isn't going to help you. So if the $500 covers your medical expenses, then take their settlement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">