• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

don't want to sign release forms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cessnat37

What is the name of your state? I am in Arizona

I am a third party claimant. My car was rear-ended and the other driver's insurance co. offered to settle with me if I signed both a "release of all claims," and a "property damage" release form. They said I would not get my check till I signed. I am not comfortable with signing either because it seems I would have to give up all rights.

For medical I only wanted to be re-imbursed for $15.00 co-pay for one doctor's visit for back pain. The back pain went away. Instead of signing a release for medical claim, why not just authorise the other party's insurance company to get the details of my visit from my doctor. I have nothing to hide

I would really like to email the release forms to someone to be read. I scanned them. My email is [email protected] Thanks

JETX

Your post is confusing in referring to releases of claims, then later discussing refusing to sign a release for information (medical claim).

In any case, forget the measly $15.00, or sign the information release form so that the insurance company can obtain your records and presumably settle the personal injury claim.

As for the 'release of claims', even though it is very common to sign the release and get the check shortly afterwords, you can simply agree to sign it in their office at the time you get the check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">