• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driver at fault missed insurance payment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dave8257

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

Hopefully this will be a quick and easy question to answer:

On October 31st I was involved in a minor auto accident in which a driver backed into my car in a 7-11 parking lot. I managed to get all of her info (policy number, address, name, etc.) When I called her insurance company to file a claim on November 3rd, they told me that her payment was due on Oct 30th and that she had not made it. Where do I stand? I have been told by numerous people that insurance companies are, by law, accountable to claims filed up to 10 days after a payment is due? Is this true? I looked all over the Net, trying to find proof before confronting the insurance company again. Anyone know where I might find this law online so that I have some backing?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Dave

stephenk

not true.

your best bet would be to get an estimate for the repairs. If substantial, you should make a claim under your own policy and have your carrier go after the other driver for reimbursement.

If minor damage, you should notify the other driver what her carrier claims and giver her a week to pay you for the estimated amount. If she refuses, take her to small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">