• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drivers License

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cfabritz

Hi There,
I live in Colorado. I have a 19 year old son that has had his drivers license suspended for 1 1/2 years. He is getting ready to move to Texas and live with a dear friend of mine. My question is, does his suspension here in Colorado follow him to Texas? Would he be able to try and get a drivers license in Texas? Thanks for any help you can give me. :)

C

condaggitt

sooner or later it will catch up to him.

So maybe he will get a TX license, but you never know when computers will talk to each other and find out his licnse is suspended in another state.

Also if he checks the box saying his license is NOT susupended, then texas can add more time because he LIED on the application.

Best bet Move to Dallas, or Houston and be near a bus line. So there will be less temptation for him to screw up even more.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">