• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Driveway backup

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angc400

What is the name of your state? NJ

On Sunday, when I backed up from my driveway to my side of the street, my neighbor also back up at the same time. She hit and indented my bumper. She had snow covered at her rear window. She admitted that she wasn't able to see when backing up. She did not give me the insurance info because she said she's in a hurry to go to work.

In the afternoon, she came up to my house and offered settle this without alerting the insurance company. She suggested a 50-50% settlement. I have a new Mercedez. She hit me with a old Saturn. She also requested a quote from a body shop that's not from the dealer to prove the fix amount. She said it would be unfair because dealer body shops are too expensive.

I got a quote today from the dealer body shop and gave it to her. She said that it's too expensive. She will not pay nor give me the insurance info.

Question : With her license plate number, name and address, is it sufficient to make a good and sound claim at my insurance company? Based on those 3 info, can my insurance co find out which insurance they are covered under? Should I now then file a police report? Is it too late.

Thanks,
An

stephenk

report the claim to your insurance carrier and give them the information you have on the other driver. your carrier will tell you if they need for you to file a police report, but I doubt you need to.

your insurance will pay to fix your car and then go after the other driver to be reimbursed. if she is smart she will submit the claim to her insurance company to defend her.

there may be a good chance she is uninsured.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">