• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

driving without insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rijju

Hi im a 18 year old student.
I just took my dads car out the other day and got involved in a small accident. I was not insured on the car. The other geezer called the coppers even though i told him that we could sort the problem out between us. When the coppers came they gave me a producer and now im waiting for the results. Please tell me what is going to happen to me and if there is a way i could get out of it or even get less points. please help.
All advices will be apreciated
Thank You
All advices to : -
[email protected]
[email protected]

ALawyer

While I have not heard the term a "producer" as it may be a UK rather than US term, that "old geezer" was wise in calling the police to report it as how could anyone trust the word of an irresponsible and disrepectful 18 year old that he would "work it out"? Get real.

As far as the ticket goes, it is no crime to get into an accident. It would be a violation to drive without insurance, or too fast, or recklessly, and it certainly is a crime to drive "under the influence".

What will happen depends on what it is you were ticketed for.

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">