• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dropped from Coverage (PA)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flatch140

I was dropped from coverage unbeknownst to me in october, I just realized this recently, when I realized I hadn't received a bill in awhile, I called and they told me I was dropped in October, three months ago. The problem I have with this is that I moved about a year and a half ago and my address was never changed by them. They said on my file there is a note referring to a January 29th 2005 ask for a change, but it never occurred, therefore I have sporadically recieved/not recieved my statements. In my eyes it is because of their error that I was dropped, i never recieved a cancellation notice. So to start me up again he wants to charge 1200 more because I was without continuous coverage for so long. He told me some things about financial responsibility, is this matter worth pursuing?

zippysgoddess

Nope. You knew you needed insurance and should have gotten statements and bills to pay, when they didn't show up, you should have called them a lot sooner and looked into it to find out what was wrong. You didn't bother and you also didn't bother to send the money you already knew you needed to send. When they didn't send a bill for awhile, did you think they were just giving you free coverage or what?

Therefore, the lapse is your fault, not theirs.

And yes, you will have to pay a significant amount to restart your policy, not having continuous coverage in most states for a year or more places you on high-risk status and therefore your rates automatically go up.

If you are unhappy with his quote, you can call another agency who might offer you a better price.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">