• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drunk driver,fleeing the scene

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cpavino

I live in alabama. my husband was the passenger of a truck that ended up wrapped around a tree, due to the driver being drunk. the driver fled the scene and left my husband and his father, at the truck hurt. they had to be taken by amb. to the ER where they had to spend the night. The driver had no insurance, no license, and now we have HUGE dr bills, my question is this: Is he liable for the bills?? Should we be getting a lawyer?

If you have un-insured motorist coverage you need to speak with a personal injury lawyer right-a-way. If you don't no attorney will probably take the case because there is no "deep pocket" to go after. You recourse is to go to the self help desk at your county court house and have your husband and father-in-law go after the other driver.

D

dj1

sorry kiddo, you aint gonna get much sympathy here.....

First off what posessed your husband and his father to drive with a drunk? Were they FORCED AT GUNPOINT to drive with this bozo?

Whats the matter are you some poor hillbilly redneck that aint got no money for a taxi?

Thats whats everyone is thinking..your hubby is really dumb.

And so will a judge!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">