• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

drunk driver permanently brain damages my son

• Thread starter Cynthia Winters
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cynthia Winters

I am in desperate need of finding an attorney who has the ability to take the hard case. Not just settle for insurance. My son was an unrestrained passenger who was hit by a drunk driver, sustaining traumatic brain injuries. My current attorney is not persuing vigorously the potential cases. He appears willing to settle for the 330,000 in insurance money. There is a party at a house, an underage but adult who supplied the alcohol to the driver who ultimately injured my son. The alcohol was purchased at a MAJOR super market chain. I am beside myself the person who hit my son is going to be charged criminally, however it has been 7 months, and it no charges have been filed yet. I have been assured that 2 counts of ag. assault will be filed within the next 30 days. My attorney has not as yet made any moves to file any suits against anyone and now wants me to let the driver and his family (they have many assets) off without filing any suit. I do not want to make a mistake here because my son may never be able to work based on the injuries he sustained. He also has post traumatic brain injury seizures. Basically he will never be the same. I am not angry at the person who injured him but it is my responsibilty to protect my son's interests. Plus it feels like the attorney for the guilty party is getting more assistance than my son is from his attorney?

Any thoughts.

Cindy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

We'd like to assist you; however, you apparently didn't see that red writing up at the top of the page. Without your State name, or the name of the State where the problem happened, it would be difficult to assist you. Laws are different everywhere.

Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to you editing your post.

IAAL

C

Cynthia Winters

question concerning my son and injuries sustained by a drunk driver

I failed to state that this is a request from the State of Arizona. All parties are residents of Arizona.

Thank You
Cindy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: question concerning my son and injuries sustained by a drunk driver

Cynthia Winters said:
I failed to state that this is a request from the State of Arizona. All parties are residents of Arizona.

Thank You
Cindy
My response:

Okay, call the Arizona State Bar Association and ask for a referral to an attorney who knows Head and Brain Trauma law.

The attorneys on the State Bar lists are Certified in their fields of practice, or they don't get on the list. They must also demonstrate a long, and knowledgable career in their field of practice. Not every attorney can get on the list.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">