• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drunk Driving Husband

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rroyce

California. How can I protect myself and my property if my husband hurts someone while driving drunk.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You can't, and still remain married. California is a Community Property State and, as such, anything that he does, or that you do, will directly impact the marital assets.

Therefore, the only way to protect yourself is to file for Legal Separation or Dissolution of Marriage.

IAAL

lwpat

The only thing you can do is to carry high insurance limits and you may also want to consider an umbrella policy.

HomeGuru

rroyce said:
California. How can I protect myself and my property if my husband hurts someone while driving drunk.
**A: shoot him and dispose of the evidence before he starts drinking and driving.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lwpat said:
The only thing you can do is to carry high insurance limits and you may also want to consider an umbrella policy.

====================================

My response:

Oh, really? Is it really "the only thing"?

What the hell are you talking about, anyway, Iwpat?

What does THIS thread have to do with insurance protection? Will you explain that to me?

IAAL

R

rroyce

OK. I own my own property (before marriage) and he has signed a quit claim to my property. Is it still conciderd community property. Thank you. By the way to those who wrote that I should shoot him or run him over. You should seek leagal advice also. If I neded marital advice I'ld be on a "stupid women and the idiots they marry" chat site.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

rroyce said:
"he has signed a quit claim to my property."

======================================

My response:

Why wasn't this fact in your initial post? (annoyed!) Didn't you think that MIGHT be an important bit of information?

What other facts do you have that you haven't told us about?

IAAL

R

rroyce

Thank you for your advice. This is the first time and probubly the last I will ask for advice on this forum. Pardon me for excluding information. I was trying my best. I can see you are a very sensitive individual.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">