• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUI/ vehicle towed/personal property inside vehicle??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tlg75

Need advice. My mother wrecked my father's pick-up and got a ticket for a DUI. My father is out of town and is unable to deal w/his pick-up. I have my father's power of attorney. I called the company who towed the pick-up to see if I could get my father's personal items out of the pick-up. The owner said I couldn't take any personal items out of the pick-up until the tow bill is paid. The tow bill is close to $600.00. It was a flat $120 to tow plus $10/day. I asked if I could make payments and he said no that I would have to pay in full. There is no way possible that I can pay in full. Does he has the right to not let anyone get any personal items out? Also do I have to pay in full or I can I make payments? I heard that I can take personal items out of the vehicle until the amount of the tow bill exceeds the amount of what the pick-up is worth. But I'm not sure. Please help!!!! :confused:
I'm not sure of the laws but if someone knows please let me know. I live in Idaho.

[This message has been edited by tlg75 (edited October 29, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">