• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dumb Kid Smashes Two Luxury Cars

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mypoorcar

3-week old vehicle (mine) was doing the speed limmit on a major street when a gentleman who was parked on the far right side of the street apparently decided to pull a quick u-turn on a busy street. All I saw was a car stationary & perpendicular to my own. No traffic lights or anything like that. The front-right section of my car went into the centre of the drivers-side of his car (his rear-passenger door was particularly smashed in, only his side curtain-airbags deployed) I've had a license for less than 6 months and as I mentioend the car is very new, so odds are I must have done something wrong or could somehow have prevented this accident (he was 40-something), however at this point I haven't a clue what I might have done wrong?

I'm in canada but I'm just looking for general insights on what went down, cheers.

dallas702

You haven't done anything wrong...unless you didn't get a police report, all of his information, and notify your insurance company.

mypoorcar

re: police report, all of his information, and notify your insurance company
done, done & done.

But the likelihood of this not somehow being my fault seems slim to none, just due to my age, experience & the fact that its a new car, I mean what are the odds that I just happened to have really really bad luck?

The only witness that came foward told me I did nothing wrong and could not have prevented the accident, but I still just dunno.

dallas702

It's a learning experience about defensive driving. Always anticipate that other drivers, pedestrians, animals, etc. will do the stupidest thing at the last second.

Next time you'll know to watch for that little gesture/maneuver that will tell you the driver is going to make that Uturn or some other move.

you'll do fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">