• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

entire tire came off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Solomons

What is the name of your state? Maryland

I had four new tires put on my SUV from a national automotive center. A few weeks later one of the tires came off (rim and all), the lugs were stripped. Luckily I was going slower and was able to pull over the best I could and no one was coming in either direction (although a busy two-lane road) when my tire flew across the road, bounced off trees and then came flying back in my direction. I had only put on 100 miles in those weeks.
I spent all day waiting for a tow truck, police, etc and then had it towed to the company that put the tires on. They took responsiblity and replaced the rotor and brake pads and replaced the scratched rim. They are also paying for my dealer to inspect the work.
Nobody was hurt, but I feel like this was very negligent.
Should I let it be or write a letter or ???

racer72

Sounds like everything is being done to fix the problem. Once you are made whole again, you have no other claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">