• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Epidural =pinched nerve in leg=foot drop

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

Zena

Four months ago I received an Epidural in the spine to relieve the pain of childbirth.
During the laboring period the nurses allowed me to lie on my right side too long

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I didn't get all the details, but I get the idea. Basically, what you are asking about is a possible medical malpractice action. To determine if there is liability on the part of the doctors involved.

Basically, you have to show that what they did was one of the following:

1) they didn't inform you of possible side effects like this of the Epidural. THat had you known of the side effect, you would have not taken it. (lack of informed consent is the legal term)

OR

2) you didn't do anything wrong (here very easy because you were the patient about to give birth) AND this kind of injury would not have happened "but for" negligence, AND it was the negligence of the doctors that caused it. (res ipsa loquitor)

Now, what you need to do is: contact attorneypages.com and find a Medical Malpractice Attorney in your state. If you find one or if you don't, contact your STATE Bar Association and ask for lawyer referral. Then, check with the disclipinary section to make sure the attorney you choose has no records of discipline.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">