• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ethical or good ol boy law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Downey115

the state is texas. my son rearended a vehicle on the highway. he sustained a concussion according to the doctor. both parties had proof of insurance. about a week later the police dept called and informed us that our insurance had been cancelled. they found this out from the other driver. the officer that called the house said he was sorry but he was going to mail my son a citation. my question, is this standard practice for the person to call the police dept after the fact, and than the other driver get a citation. it seems like the officer and the other driver were good buddies, and they were out to get my son. :confused:

Last edited:

C

CombatTN88

Downey115 said:
the state is texas. my son rearended a vehicle on the highway. he sustained a concussion according to the doctor. both parties had proof of insurance. about a week later the police dept called and informed us that our insurance had been cancelled. they found this out from the other driver. the officer that called the house said he was sorry but he was going to mail my son a citation. my question, is this standard practice for the person to call the police dept after the fact, and than the other driver get a citation. it seems like the officer and the other driver were good buddies, and they were out to get my son. :confused:
If your son don't have insurance (in effective by the time of this accident), citation is a proper thing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">