• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

In the event an insurance company lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it is found out that an insurance company never did a proper investigation with regards to an accident "conjured up" people to say false information regarding an accident? Is it customary for an insurance company to rely solely on a witness or witnesses statement/s that were not on the police report as "proof positive" for their investigation of an accident?

Last edited:

The incentive would be that they would not have to pay out a large sum of money, due primarily to the fact that it is a commercial vehicle accident.
The truth of the matter is that I was in an accident in which a commercial vehicle ran into my rear passenger side door. There were no witnesses on the police report but now they claim to have a witness or witnesses that are lying about the facts: 1) the "witness/s" claim I was on a cell phone when the accident happened and 2) claimed that I ran into the commercial vehicle while I was on the main road and only noticed him to be curbside at the time with no indicator on.He immediately got out the car and asked "where did you come from?" I took this to mean that I was possibly in his blind spot. He was parked between 2 fire hydrants and 2 no standing bus stops. Could they be using this "witness angle as "leverage" in the event they throw out an offer, hoping that we will reel it in?

I forgot to add that I sustained injuries. On August 1,2006 I had a lumbar fusion w/instrumentation and there is a 50/50 chance that I may need cervical surgery. If the lumbar fusion does not take, I will need an additional surgery(2 1/2 month; no fuse) and the medical bills are already around 70k-80k.

I have an attorney. My main question,which was different from my postings was:

"What if it is found out that an insurance company never did a proper investigation with regards to an accident "conjured up" people to say false information regarding an accident? Is it customary for an insurance company to rely solely on a witness or witnesses statement/s that were not on the police report as "proof positive" for their investigation of an accident?"

I apologize moburkes and ecmst12 for "rehashing elements of this accident. I have a disorder that just keeps playing this event "over and over" in my head. My daughter has had her fill of me speaking of the accident or yelling at motorists on their cell phones or ones who just don't put on their indicator when they are about to change lanes.

Maybe the pain issue on a daily basis is wearing me down mentally. How am I supposed to feel when I started a non profit organization designed to help people and I cannot even help myself after this accident on July 27, 2005 ?

I have received answers like " an accident reconstructionist will help"and other sound advice from all the experts. I really do appreciate the information and have started once again seeing a professional about my disorder.

Please believe me when I tell you that I meant no harm but I have an overwhelming feeling to vindicate myself because the truth of the matter is sometimes justice is blind; I am just attempting to correct its' vision.

I pray that one day I will succeed. Take care and God Bless all.

Sincerely and Respectfully,
discogram723

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">