• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exceed medical limits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bluebeard

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
Adjuster has said that medical costs may exceed the 100,000 / 300,000 limit on my coverage for the person in other car. How do I protect myself ?

Betty

If the medical costs/damages are going to exceed your policy limits, agree that you need your own lawyer.

ecmst12

If all you got was a letter saying the costs MAY exceed your policy limits, then you don't need to worry yet. If you are served with suit papers, that's when you can talk to a lawyer, but first you should talk to the lawyer your insurance company will hire for you (since you won't have to pay extra).

If you have assets, you are not judgement proof and there is no way to (legally) make yourself judgement proof. It was irresponsible for another poster to suggest otherwise.

Betty

Agree, the OP may end up needing their own attorney if costs/damages exceed policy limits but they do not want an attorney to try to make them judgment proof.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">