• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Explorer/Firestone Rollover

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sparks

I was involved in an Explorer/Firestone rollover accident in Texas in July. I was the driver, the owner was in the passenger seat. The car was totaled, all four passengers
were taken to a hospital, treated and released, including myself. No one has any long lasting injuries.

We have been working with an adjuster at Firestone and now he is asking "What do you want from Firestone?". Is it reasonable to ask for compensation for 'pain and suffering'? If so, what is a reasonable offer?

HomeGuru

You need to hire an attorney. Contact Association of Trial Lawyers of America as member attorneys have many cases involving this topic.

C

cdcard

Dear sparks:
It is more than reasonable to request money for pain & suffering, even if there were no permanent injuries. I'm not sure what a reasonable offer is in your case because of contingent factors. What were your medical bills? Injuries? Any soft tissue or other injuries? etc etc etc. Since your accident involved the infamous Ford/Firestone combination, it might be interesting for you to talk to a plaintiff's attorney who has already handled a Ford/Firestone accident to find out if you are eligible for something above and beyond the usual run-of-the-mill pain & suffering. If not, and if your only medical bills/injuries were emergency room bills, and if you prefer not to seek the advice of local counsel, I will tell you that in some states it is not unusual for plaintiffs to get the same amount of money for pain & suffering as the total cost of their medical bills; in some states, it is twice and sometimes three times that amount. Hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">