• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extended Warranty On Car Went Under

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

martin13100

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I purchased a car from a dealer two years ago
With it I purchased an extended warranty through the dealer that was put on my loan
In the summer of the past year the warranty company stopped paying claims
I later found out that that insurance company that backed the warranty company (NWI) went under which meant they would not be able to cover any claims
I still have over 10,000 miles and one year left on my service contract that is still on my loan
In come of the consumer guides that I read on the subject it states that in certain states you are able to go to the bank and get the service contract taken of the loan because it is a breach of contract
I tried several state offices to get some answers but had no luck
So I have a warranty that is still on my loan that I can't use and my car is breaking down
To make matters worse even if I do get the amount taken off or get cash for that portion no other extended warranty will cover the problems that I have now because they are pre-existing conditions
What should I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">