• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fail to yield to stopped emergency vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmakwana

What is the name of your state? NJ

Recently drove to VA and got this ticket, it is not pre-payable and the court will decide the fines after the court date. I need not attend court and they will decide in my absence. This seemed so unfair as I slowed down to almost 45 mph when I saw this car that was pulled over ahead of me and this made it very convenient for the officer to leave the other driver and come behind me. It was around 10 pm and I-95 usually has lots of trucks at this time. Need to know how can I get away with this ticket.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? NJ

Recently drove to VA and got this ticket, it is not pre-payable and the court will decide the fines after the court date. I need not attend court and they will decide in my absence. This seemed so unfair as I slowed down to almost 45 mph when I saw this car that was pulled over ahead of me and this made it very convenient for the officer to leave the other driver and come behind me. It was around 10 pm and I-95 usually has lots of trucks at this time. Need to know how can I get away with this ticket.
Yep - the cops LOVE it when you slow way down to 45 for them.
Honestly, your post doesn't really say what happened...

kmakwana

I was going from NJ to NC and on I-95 when crossing VA, I was pulled over by a VA cop. I saw that this cop had pulled over someone and slowed down as I approached these cars and as soon as I crossed them, the cop came behind me and pulled me over stating that I did not yield to them and go to the other lane. I apologized and asked that no ticket be issued as I was really slow and for that the cop started teaching VA law and gave me a ticket. Even when he had me pulled over, trucks and trailers were speeding past us like jets and I pointed that to him but he was too rude and did not listen to me at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">