+ Reply to Thread
    iwluttdid Guest

Failure to comply with a subpoena

What is the name of your state? VA

Hello,

I was recently involved in a 3 car crash. I was the biggest victim of the crash, and it was caused by the other two parties. I came home from work and my brother handed me a subpoena (he says it was taped to the front door). They wanted me there as a witness (I didn't actually see anything. All I know is that someone hit me).

After a few days have passed, I remembered that I totally forgot to appear in court! So, in effect, I have failed to comply with the subpoena. What kind of consequences can I expect to see from this?

I'm kicking myself in the butt for this.

Thank you for any information.

seniorjudge Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iwluttdid
    What is the name of your state? VA

Hello,

I was recently involved in a 3 car crash. I was the biggest victim of the crash, and it was caused by the other two parties. I came home from work and my brother handed me a subpoena (he says it was taped to the front door). They wanted me there as a witness (I didn't actually see anything. All I know is that someone hit me).

After a few days have passed, I remembered that I totally forgot to appear in court! So, in effect, I have failed to comply with the subpoena. What kind of consequences can I expect to see from this?

I'm kicking myself in the butt for this.

Thank you for any information.
    Q: What kind of consequences can I expect to see from this?

A: Call the court clerk and ask what happened the day you were supposed to be there. (I am assuming you know the difference between a summons and a subpoena.) This does not sound like good service to me, but process servers have been known to lie....

+ Reply to Thread