• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Maintain Reasonable Control of a MV in Ohio

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KristenMarie23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I was given a ticket for failure to maintain reasonable control of a motor vehicle last night. The accident included another vehicle but the damage is primarily on my vehicle. His is minor and he wasn't very worried about it. I went to the police station and filled out a report because I thought that is what I had to do. I now know that it was legal, but a bad deal for me. What exactly does this charge mean for me? What happens if I plead 'No Contest?' Do I have to go to Mayer's court or can I just call them and pay a fine through the mail? Thanks in advance!

cadiacat

i am not an expert but i was also cited in ohio after a car accident for reasonable control. The accident was totally my fault. I had to pay a $70 or so ticket and the citation is still on my license 2 years later.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">