• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Yield Right of Way Even though I was STOPPED!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MizCharlotte

What is the name of your state? Texas

i came to an intersection at dusk this weekend and stopped at the stop sign. a man on the corner at his house saw my stop and that I yeilded to a vehicle before pulling up past the curb to obtain a clear line of sight because the trees lining the street I was about to cross were lined up in a row and causing shadows. Pulling up further to see left my hood about 2-3 feet out in the 2 lane intersection. Before I could look to see if anyone was coming, a speeding vehicle hit a bump at the beginning of the intersection and she swerved. Her front missed my car completely but the passenger side area above and around her back tire hit my drivers side front bumper and tore everything including my license plate and left headlight. She slammed on the brakes and lost control spining around to land adjacent to the curb and in the opposite direction in which she was coming. Her left back wheel look as if it had been broken and had to be towed. When the police got there he first interviewed the witness, then the other driver, and ended with me. I was issued a ticket for failure to yeild a ROW w/ stopsign and I found out that she was issued a ticket for no drivers license. I feel that the intersection is dangerous and the environment such as the blocked view of part of the street due to trees and coming darkness contributed a great deal to the accident as well as the other driver's failure to procure a legal drivers license and failure to stay on her side of the two lane residential street. In my opinion I believe that the city and the other driver are completely at fault or at least more than myself. I am considering getting a statement from the witness and trying to contest the ticket which at this time leaves me responsible for the accident.

Any advice for this college student would be much appreciated.:(

D

dearprudence73

Pictures pictures pictures go back there and take them a couple of rolls and show the judge the angle, then go back at night use a flash....

Take pictures of the road, any tire marks, or where you were hit, try and put your car back in the same spot with a couple of friend directing traffic ( so no one will hit you again) and take a picture from your drivers seat......

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">