• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to Yield Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jigsaw2020

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AR

I got a failure to yield ticket last week.I was near the stop sign and was supposed to take left , I brought the car to the complete stop and was waiting for an opening to pull over.I noticed 2 cars with right signals on and they were coming slowly and the first car turned right and second also slowed down to take right , I saw no car on the right so I pulled over and to my surprise the second car ran into my way and we had a very minor accident just few scratches to our cars, the other car scratched and pushed the bumpper of my car towards right .I had a Witness too , but I failed to take his details. I was so surprised about the other car.I got a ticket and even cop saw that the right indicators were ON but he said signal lights are not that important.The other party has mentioned to my insurance that she has put hazordous lights , I do not understand does someone put hazordous lights in broad daylight? She had her tight indicator on.She was trying to enter the complex I was coming out but suddenly she came straight.
I need suggestions please - do I have to go for a trail, because it is my first ticket and I am so much disturbed with this issue.I am very careful while driving do not even use my cell phone and never had any kind of tickets or warnings.It was total surprise to me.
We are moving from the current place , so do I have to prepone the court date or contact a lawyer.Can I get my ticket dismissed? If so, how? .Suggestions please.

FlyingRon

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly the situation here, but if you had a stop sign and proceeded into an intersection even after stopping and hit someone who didn't have a stop sign, you failed to yield.

ecmst12

Sounds like he was trying to make a right turn from the left lane and hit someone in the right lane going straight. Still failed to yield.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">