• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faking injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tom999

More than year ago I have been involved in small accident. Stop and go traffic. I bumped into the car in front of me with at most few miles per hour. On my car the damage is literally only slightly bent license plate. I was found to be at fault. Few days after the accident all three of the occupants of the other vehicle claimed injuries. Even more, they first tried with hand injuries and when that did not work they switched to headaches etc. My insurance paid them ~600$ to settle. It is pretty obvious to me that the insurance did it for convenience just to get rid of the other party. However this is now being put on my drivers record as at fault with injury. I know that other party would not be able to present any medical evidence for their injuries. Is there any legal way I can fight this and remove it from my record? How can I protect myself in the future from the same thing if I am found to be at fault in a minor accident? I am sure that insurance co would forget "Duty to defend" and settle for a few hundred bucks per person, which would show on my record again.

H

happy&lucky

DID YOU sign any papers agreeing to them being paid?

If so then you are screwed, since ANY money paid out is chargeable to you, read it...its in the fine print of your policy. and they can raise your rates because of it.

Now if you didnt sign anything, then do what i did start calling the the company and saying you want to report someone comitting insurance fraud, and give your agents name. And the insurance company name.

Then start asking who is responsible for paying out fraudulant claims and you want o speak to that person, and be persistant after about 4 or 5 BOZOS who are there to thawrt any investigation into insurance fraud, you will probably wind up with a vice president, who understands if they dont take this off your policy you will report the vice president to the state insurance commissior and have the state ask for you why they paid a fraudulant claim.

YOUR position is:

I didnt agree to pay a fraudulant claim, but the company did, so its on their dime.. not MINE!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">