• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lupe

Regarding the fall I had where I hurt my knee real bad in a store. I reported the accident to the manager and they called their insurance as I stood their in pain. I have forms to fill out but how could I send bills beside my co-pay to them for my pain and suffering since I have HMO. Also bills for brace, x-rays, crutches which the Dr. will bill my HMO. The accident happened on New Yers eve and I have been to the Dr. twice and I will see him at the end of the month.
Thanks

racer72

You need to let your HMO know immediatly that the injury will be paid for by another insurance company. Fill out the paper work asap. See if the HMO will give assistance filling out the paper work if you need help. The stores insurance should reimburse you for any out of pocket expenses including the co-pay. If the store is part of a national or regional chain, the store manager would have been required to fill out an incident report that would be filed with the head office. You should see if you can get a copy of the report to make sure that it is correct. Many larger retailers are self insured (that means they cover expenses such as this out of pocket) and this could prevent a head ache later if they refuse to pay. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">