• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fall

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hdnightrain

I fell while entering the hospital to see Dad who just had a stroke. The rubber carpet at the main entrance was folded over. I did not see it and hit the floor the security guard came up to me and said do not move untill I get help he was gone a while maybe 8-10 mins. I have 2 brothers that saw the whole thing. The guard came back with no medical help lifted me up by my left arm which was injured (torn rotator cuff) and walked me to emergency, it was a long walk.
Right now it has been 18 mos my first contact was with an adjuster. I did get legal assistance. The adjuster offered 3k what a joke the operation I will need will be 15-20k itself. the next offer was 7k still not good. The adjuster is gone now their lawer comes in and wants a mediation. Well I start out at 75k they come back with 7k I go to 50k they counter with 19k, well my legal will be 30%, Dr so far about 2k 19 is not an option. My lawyer says you will need to get the operation I say ok but I am a caregiver for Dad in my home, what happens when I am unable to help Dad for 8 weeks??? I guess I will have to pay a full time nurse. Dad can not move his right side so he is bedridden he has to be cleaned, fed and clothes changed all in bed. Of course they dont care about that enough to make a better offer. My council is kind of laid back and dont seen to want to fight for me thats the feeling I get. So I am looking for advise comments experience from others that might help me. This all happend in Florida.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">