• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fall in grocery store

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eieiutoh

n.c
my mother and a friend were grocery shopping at a very well known chain.
my mom is 70 yrs old ,but she is in very good shape. she was getiing a gallon of milk and when she turned around to put it in he buggy she slipped on a small puddle of water in the floor, i think the stock boys had just put up some food and some water off the items dripped in the floor,because there was a cart like they use just left out in the aisle.her friend didn't witness the actual incident when it happened, but did see the water in the floor. my moms pants were also wet on the legs and bottom.
when she fell her head hit the corner of the counter and knocked her unconcious.a ambulance was called . at the hospital they did a ct scan and x-rays of her chest and leg, theysaid everything was ok
about 3 days later mom fell again and broke her hand.
at the doctor's office they x-rayed her chest again and said that 3 ribs were broken,
then she fell several more times . we were concerned and her regular doctor sent her to a neurologist, he ordred a mri.
just as soon as we got back from having the m.r.i her doc called and said to get back to the hospital asap . my mom had a subdural hemotoma. and she hadn't long till her brain would be filled with fluid. she had this surgery and she done ok, although she is not the same as before,2 weeks after the surgery she ahad to go back for another one.
her neoroligist said threre was no doubt in his mind that the cause of her other falls were from the fall at the grocery.he said most head injuries of this type take about 2 weeks to show up.

alll the grocery store said all they owed us was 5000.00 since that was the limit of thier insurance per injury. my mom is on social security and medicare , so they weren't going to pay even that since it was covered under her medicare.they did an ivestigation and said they had no negligence. they said this because the store manager said there was no water in the floor , even though it took him 10 mins to be found and to get to the areabefore a ambulance was called , besides most of it was on my moms clothes.
what do you think about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">