• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

falling branches

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gjensen

What is the name of your state? indiana

i was driving behind a box truck ( the truck is owned by an overnight express company) when the truck hit and broke off a limb of a tree. as a result, my car was hit with a bunch of falling branches. The driver of the truck came to see if i was alright. I was fine. i only took down the license plate number of the truck since it didn't appear to have damaged my car. when i made it home a few minutes later i noticed that there was a dent on the top of the frame above the driver side door. I filed a police report and called my insurance company. my car is a 2002 and i have a $300 estimate to repair it.

now the owner of the truck is refusing to release his insurance information to my insurance company because he beleives it is the fault of the township for not trimming the trees high enough. my insurance company has basically told me that i will have to pay for the repair myself because of my $500 deductable and could try going after the township. however, they don't think that i would have much success.

who is at fault? will i have to pay for the repair myself?

stephenk

file a small claim action against the truck owner. Either he will turn it over to his own insurance company or he will end up paying for the repair.

His truck hit the low hanging branches. After he or his insurance pays for your repairs they can file a claim against the township to be reimbursed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">