• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maccam

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts
My Auto insurance company levied a surcharge using false information. The accident happend but not the way it they stated.
The only damaged was to my own vehicle after I forced out of my lane from a major collision involving eight other vehicles.

The documentation states a rear end collision which I was at fault. The impact was on the pasenger side, rear quarter.
The time of day is wrong, driver is wrong and does not mention the other accidents, which I was trying to avoid.

My question is can they impose a surcharge when I was trying to avoid an accident, although I damaged my own vehicle. I have been accident free for twenty-two years prior.

Also, is there a limit a surchage may be accessed. Having to pay the amount for six years will essentially pay back the amount they paid the repair shop plus additional. It seems excessive!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">