• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False name given on accident report, please advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fhrost

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I just found out that my name was given as the owner of a car that was in an accident. This is a car that I traded in on March 2003. Accident occured Sept. 2003. (see my post below for more details)

I have gotten 2 citations a traffic and criminal. I wondering how the driver got my name as the owner and why he would even give it in the accident he was in? My old car was traded then was bought by another auto sales place. Then I think someone bought it from them and never registered it.

Would it be a good idea to talk to the police officer involved and show him the bill of sales? What happens to the guy who gave my name as owner?

edit:
I'm thinking it would just be easier to wait for the court hearings, and give all the info then.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">