• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Witnesses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quatin

What is the name of your state? Georgia

I rear ended another vehicle, because he cut in front of me. I called his insurance company since he immediately said he was at fault. Their insurance company told me since he admitted, I don't need to call the police. A witness drove up and gave me his contact, saying the other driver cut me off. Now his insurance company said he doesn't claim to be at fault and he also has a witness who drove up after the scene. It is a flat out lie since, I saw him drive out of the accident area without talking to anyone after the exchange. Can an attorney help?

JETX

Can an attorney help?
Not with the negotiations with his insurance company.
However, an attorney may be of benefit when/if you have to pursue litigation against the other driver.
I have to say though... this would NOT be a simple matter to resolve as there are contradictory witnesses. Document the 'evidence' NOW. Take pictures of BOTH vehicles (if possible).

ecmst12

Report the accident to your insurance company. Give them the name and contact information for your witness. They will investigate and make a fault determination. If they find that you're not at fault, they will deny the other driver's claim. That won't mean that his insurance company will automatically accept liability, but you'll at least know your evidence is solid when you sue the other driver in small claims court.

If the other driver has a conflicting witness though, likely both carriers will deny because of lack of evidence as to who is telling the truth. Then you'll both be on your own for the repair bills.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">