• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fatal accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jelu

my mother was killed in car wreck in kansas in november; she was not at fault. first question, how do we find out liability limits for the at-fault driver who resides in kansas? second, there are supposedly two different police reports on this accident; we have one, but were told we would have to subpoena the other. can this be right? third, blood alcohol tests were done on my mother and the passenger in the other vehicle who was also deceased, but not on the driver who was obviously at fault in the accident. what recourse do we have for this negligence? the passenger in the vehicle this woman was driving registered a bac of .03. who should have performed this test? no criminal charges have been filed against this person. finally, the insurance company is dragging its feet(big surprise). after almost 4 months should we be getting legal representation? my mother was a kansas resident at the time of the accident, the accident occurred in kansas, and the woman responsible is a kansas resident. last twist, the woman responsible for the wreck was driving her friend's vehicle--this was the passenger who was killed.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

jelu said:
my mother was killed in car wreck in kansas in november; she was not at fault. first question, how do we find out liability limits for the at-fault driver who resides in kansas? second, there are supposedly two different police reports on this accident; we have one, but were told we would have to subpoena the other. can this be right? third, blood alcohol tests were done on my mother and the passenger in the other vehicle who was also deceased, but not on the driver who was obviously at fault in the accident. what recourse do we have for this negligence? the passenger in the vehicle this woman was driving registered a bac of .03. who should have performed this test? no criminal charges have been filed against this person. finally, the insurance company is dragging its feet(big surprise). after almost 4 months should we be getting legal representation? my mother was a kansas resident at the time of the accident, the accident occurred in kansas, and the woman responsible is a kansas resident. last twist, the woman responsible for the wreck was driving her friend's vehicle--this was the passenger who was killed.
My response:

I am so very sorry for your loss. These must be extremely difficult times for you and, on behalf of all of us who are "FreeAdvice.Com", I extend to you our most sincere condolences. I know she is in a Good place.

As for legal representation, absolutely YES. Please, get yourself a good personal injury attorney immediately to bring an action for wrongful death, and many other causes of action, on behalf of you and your family.

All of your questions will be answered by your attorney. Your case will be taken by the attorney on a "contingency fee" basis - - i.e., it will not cost you or your family any money. All fees and costs will be paid to the attorney out of any recovery made in the case.

Please, call an attorney first thing tomorrow morning.

Best of fortune to you, and again, our deepest sympathies are extended to you and yours.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">