• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At fault accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shappell

What is the name of your state?Michigan
In september I rear ended, a vehical on an exit ramp, in my Employer's Mini Van. The offficer took all info on the incident. Including the vehical's insurance, registration and my info. Over a month later i recieved a letter from The other persons insurance company Stating "Our investigation has determaned that you were responsible for damages to our insureds vehical,as a result of the above captioned loss. If you have liability insurance, pleae contact the undersigned(their insurance agent) by phone or complete the bottom portion of this letter and return it as soon as possable. If insurance coverage is confirmed as a result of your providing this information. No further action can or will be taken and all inquiries into this matter will end."

" If you do not carry insurance, the law of the state of Michigan require that you reimburse the moneys we have paid our insured as well as our insured's deductable. Please contact the undersigned (their insurance agent) immediately upon reciept of this letter. Failure to do so will force us to pursue you for these damages."

I called the phone # provided and had to leave a message. I stated that the insurance policy, and company info could be obtained from the law enforcment accident report taken at the time of the accident. The insurance was and is still in effect, as required by law. Why the harrasing tone to the letter? Should'nt they have this info from the accident report? The officer gave both myself and the other driver a accident claim # to give to our insurance company. I passed mine on to my employer the next day. He stated he would let the insuranse Companies work it out. Michigan is a no-fault insurance state. Am I required to answer any of the questions? They ask about Insurance agent name, address, phone, policy #, claim #, Insurance company's name address, and phone #. All I have is the policy #, and company name.

Damage to both vehicles was minimal. Our company vehicals have liability coverage only, and we have oppted not to repair our vehical's damage

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

shappell said:
What is the name of your state?Michigan
In september I rear ended, a vehical on an exit ramp, in my Employer's Mini Van. The offficer took all info on the incident. Including the vehical's insurance, registration and my info. Over a month later i recieved a letter from The other persons insurance company Stating "Our investigation has determaned that you were responsible for damages to our insureds vehical,as a result of the above captioned loss. If you have liability insurance, pleae contact the undersigned(their insurance agent) by phone or complete the bottom portion of this letter and return it as soon as possable. If insurance coverage is confirmed as a result of your providing this information. No further action can or will be taken and all inquiries into this matter will end."

" If you do not carry insurance, the law of the state of Michigan require that you reimburse the moneys we have paid our insured as well as our insured's deductable. Please contact the undersigned (their insurance agent) immediately upon reciept of this letter. Failure to do so will force us to pursue you for these damages."

I called the phone # provided and had to leave a message. I stated that the insurance policy, and company info could be obtained from the law enforcment accident report taken at the time of the accident. The insurance was and is still in effect, as required by law. Why the harrasing tone to the letter? Should'nt they have this info from the accident report? The officer gave both myself and the other driver a accident claim # to give to our insurance company. I passed mine on to my employer the next day. He stated he would let the insuranse Companies work it out. Michigan is a no-fault insurance state. Am I required to answer any of the questions? They ask about Insurance agent name, address, phone, policy #, claim #, Insurance company's name address, and phone #. All I have is the policy #, and company name.

Damage to both vehicles was minimal. Our company vehicals have liability coverage only, and we have oppted not to repair our vehical's damage

My response:

Hey, that's a great story! Now, did you have a "legal" question?

IAAL

shappell

yes

Am I required by law to provide this information, When its already stated in the accident report, available from the law enforcement agency that took the accident report?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">