• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At Fault Accident- Hospital

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CruiseGirl28

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

This morning I was in a car accident (my fault). The other driver determined that nothing was wrong and didn't want to exchange papers.

It was a VERY minor accident, but I'm 34 weeks pregnant so I decided to call my doctor to be safe, and she had me come to the hospital for monitoring. Everything's fine.

The hospital mentioned that they will bill the auto insurance first, but didn't take down that info. I don't want my insurance costs to go up, and I wasn't going to report the accident.

Can they just bill my health insurance?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

This morning I was in a car accident (my fault). The other driver determined that nothing was wrong and didn't want to exchange papers.

It was a VERY minor accident, but I'm 34 weeks pregnant so I decided to call my doctor to be safe, and she had me come to the hospital for monitoring. Everything's fine.

The hospital mentioned that they will bill the auto insurance first, but didn't take down that info. I don't want my insurance costs to go up, and I wasn't going to report the accident.

Can they just bill my health insurance?
I would suggest that you report this accident to your insurance company. You do understand that your contract (policy) requires you to notify them of any potential claims, right?

ecmst12

If MA is a no fault state, then when your health insurance sees that the bill is due to an auto accident, they will refuse to pay. You need to use your auto insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">