• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

At-fault driver has not filed a claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MSDodds

State of Florida. Another driver turned left in front of me at an intersection and I ran into them. The other driver, who had just turned 16 yrs old and this was her 1st day driving, was cited for "failure to yield right-of-way". She has not yet filed a claim with her insurance company, therefore, the company will take no action to reimburse us for rental car expenses, personal property loss, etc. until a claim is reported.

We are concerned that they may not file a claim and will just "walk away" from their car, as it appeared to be an older vehicle anyway and this will leave us "high and dry".

What are our options? Help

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

MSDodds said:
State of Florida. Another driver turned left in front of me at an intersection and I ran into them. The other driver, who had just turned 16 yrs old and this was her 1st day driving, was cited for "failure to yield right-of-way". She has not yet filed a claim with her insurance company, therefore, the company will take no action to reimburse us for rental car expenses, personal property loss, etc. until a claim is reported.

We are concerned that they may not file a claim and will just "walk away" from their car, as it appeared to be an older vehicle anyway and this will leave us "high and dry".

What are our options? Help

My response:

You gather all your evidence; e.g., vehicle damage, vehicle rental expenses, medical bills and reports, etc., and then you sue the other driver.

That's all you can do at this point - - unless your own insurance pays for everything, minus your deductible, and you're willing to "eat" your deductible.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">