• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Faulty Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

darkknite

What is the name of your state? New Mexico

I was hit by a truck last October and settled in April. The insurance company represnting the person driving the truck agreed to in the settlement to pay all medical costs. But in doing an audit of the bills, they eliminated one that was turned over for collection by a collection agency. I only learned of this a couple of months ago. I signed off on the accident thinking all costs had been paid, then this one that was turned in for collection popped up. The insurance company knew of the bill, did not take care of it and now I owe what they agreed to pay. If they failed to meet their part of the settlement agreement, is the agreement valid and can I challenge it? And if so, to what point. ther4e was a matter of lost wages they refused to address, can I go back on that if they did not meet the agreement as I signed it? Also, the injuried diagnosed have worsened? Do I have any ground to stand on here?

A

azmother3

Did you have an attorney in the matter?

Did you sign papers releasing the insurance company after the settlement if you did so your pretty much SOL

M

macktosh

like AZ mom said its what papers did you sign? If you signed a release from all claims, then you got your FULL payment already.

Nothing you can do.

Also, the injuried diagnosed have worsened? So??? If you had a lawyer there might have been some structured payment each year to cover the added expenses.

Sometimes being cheap is MOST expensive option.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">