• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Are faxed release forms legal?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dr_spine_jr

What is the name of your state? Illinois

A substandard insurance company offered to settle an auto accident case for much less money than it would take for me to fix my car. Not to mention that they will not pay for the car rental.

The other party took full responsibility for the accident because, my car was parked and unoccupied.

I was told by the claims adjuster that they would not do anything further for me until I signed a release. They sent me a letter that states they need a signed original copy of the release form.

Not knowing that I was stepping into a trap I signed the release and faxed it over to their offices. Is it a binding contract if they do not have a signed original copy?

HomeGuru

dr_spine_jr said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

A substandard insurance company offered to settle an auto accident case for much less money than it would take for me to fix my car. Not to mention that they will not pay for the car rental.

The other party took full responsibility for the accident because, my car was parked and unoccupied.

I was told by the claims adjuster that they would not do anything further for me until I signed a release. They sent me a letter that states they need a signed original copy of the release form.

Not knowing that I was stepping into a trap I signed the release and faxed it over to their offices. Is it a binding contract if they do not have a signed original copy?
**A: yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">