• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fed up with Waiting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rocketgirl899

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Washington State

I am 18 years old and on December 6th 2003 I was involved in a car crash.

The other driver failed to yeild (or in my opinion thought he could beat me through the turn) and I ended up hitting his car with my passenger side frint with his passenger side. In the police report (which I have in front of me) it was a he said she said battle. We both claim we had green lights, myself a green light and he a green arrow (one with a green light that says you can yeild to oncoming traffic). The police report is incorrect as to stating my events of what happend.

The police reported stated : "Driver 2 stated that she had a green light and thought veh1 would not turn in front of her.

What was actually said (Witnessed by my mother and father)
I was heading straight and saw a silver elclipse turn infront of me at the intersection, I took my foot off the gas remembering thinking to my self "Why the H_ll is he going im going to hit him" As soon as the car turned enough, I saw headlights behind him and immediatly following, I felt the impact.

I was wearing a seatbelt but the force of the impact, I was goign approximatly 30-35 mph (speed limit 35) cause my hole body to move forward cause both knees to hit my dashboard along with ripping my jeans from the impact.

As a young driver and seeing all the "move damaged vehicles to the side of the rode) and being at a major intersection, I was able to roll my car (because it was slightyl on a hill) out of the way. I figured since no one dead, it was the right thing to do. I was transported to the hospitol via my mom. And spent 5 hours in the ER. Missing out on a very important dinner that I was headed to. (I had no passengers)

My injuries were to both knees, lower back, neck, and I had bruises on my chect and hip from the seaetbelt. I also somehow hurt my arm.

The other driver was complaining of chest pain his two passengers 1) clamied Ankle injuries 2) had rt eye and forehead injuries caused by hitting the front windshield.
All refused medical attention.

No tickets were issued.

Police determined both cars totalled.

I have liabilty ( I was driving my grandpa's 1980 Dodge D-50 truck)
He had liabilty ( He was driving his fathers 1991 Honda CRX)

Neither of use had collison.

My insurance is Geico
His AllState.

After review of the police report and a trip to time the lights, Geico claimed that in no way I was to be at fault.

AllState has yet to recieve the police report from their clients.
They are suposedly paying me 21 bux a day for my transportation.

I was able to work one of my jobs, how ever I was unable to work for my other.
I then took a leave of absence from my main job over winter break to recover from all the crazyness I would have been scheduled full time if i had not been injured.

I know this is long but I wanted to give as much info as possible.

My questions:
1. Am I responsible for giving AllState the police report?
2. Is $21 a day fair for transportation? Isnt renting a car more? I am under the age to rent a car so I was forced to inconvience friends and family members. That sucked having to ask for help. As of today it has been 34 days Does that mean my total so far is $714 for transportation? I have to make payments on a car to be able to drive it now.
3. Because my car was totalled I am expecting them to pay 100% of the fair price for me to go buy the same truck, as well as a portion if not all of the $700+ in mantinace for the truck (new brakes, tuneup carborator etc. that was made within the last 6 months) Is that reasonable?
4. Is it correct that myself or my insurance can not be liable since all other parties refused medical attention?
5. What happens if we take it to court and the police report is wrong?
6. I clearly have photos showing that where his car sat (unmoved) was less then 1/4th the way through the intersection, could Allstate still claim me at fault when he failed to yeild? Even if both lights were red? And I was clearly almost throught the intersection?
7. How do I speed thisi process up. Im sick of having my back hurt and I want everything to be settled so I can focus on my senior year and my future.
8. What happens if the other party doesnt reply to their insurance company.
9. Does it matter that the other driver had 2 passengers in my way to argue he could have been more easily sidetracked?

I know this was long and there is alot to answer but anything would be greatly appriciated. If you need more info or have questions please contact me.

tammy8

From what I read into this, you both do sound at fault. The reasons you gave for him being at fault are not good reasons. Therefore it sounds like 100% fault is going to be impossible to determine. Usually when this happens, it is a "you buy for yours and he pays for his" case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">