• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fell asleep

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

act86420

Hi,
I really need a help. I have been in trouble since I got a car accident in the summer 2008.
I was driving highway in Arizona by rental car. Road was pretty boring, I fell sleep. The car went out of the road and car rolled. I got an insurance when I rent the car, so I thought thats fine. Recently, they required me to show my Alcohol/drug test when I went to hospital. I asked the hospital, but they didn't test me and I didn't ask them when I was in ER. How could I ask them to test myself right after getting car accident?? I was injured, shocked.
Today, I got a letter from rental car company. They says, I have to owe whole damage of car because sleeping while I was driving regards reckless. I was not drunk or taking any drugs, I just fell sleep. Car was totally destroyed, so I would have to pay a lots of money. I am an international student, so I can't afford it. I was driving by myself, I didn't hurt anybody except me. If you have any opinion, please tell me. Thank you.

cyjeff

Insurance companies do not live to pay out premiums. They live by preventing the payment of premiums at every opportunity.

Get an attorney and have him/her look over the agreement.

ecmst12

What kind of insurance did you get on the rental car? Did you get collision coverage for the rental (might appear on the receipt as DW) or did you just get liability coverage? If you got collision, it would not matter whether you were reckless, they would cover it. If you did NOT get it, then you owe the full cost to repair the rental or the value if a total loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">