• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fell on ice/wondering if i have a case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Fuzzy76

I slipped and fell coming down from a porch at the hotel were I was staying. This was in the state of Wyoming, and the weather was bad that afternoon. I had a fractured shoulder and it took 3 mo of physical therapy to recover from this fall. I also had nerve damage that is still healing, and I missed a week of work.
The insurance co has offered me a very very small amount of money to settle this claim. He said it was because of the weather that I fell and not because of any negligence on the part of the hotel owner. I think they could have put salt on the area below the step off, or something. It appeared as if some of the area had been graded off and black ice had collected on the area were I stepped.
I do not know the laws and I need advice on this matter. Thank you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">