• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fender bender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jmmbemn1

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Minnesota
Well I am new to the forum and have a situation that has come up recently I parked my van on the street in front of my house for a hour or so and came back out to go to the store and there is a huge dent in the front fender I went to get a estimate on the damage and it will cost 650-800 to fix depends on what kind of parts they use oem or aftermarket. but here is the real question I did not see any one hit the van but the neighbors drive way is right across the street and his blazer bumper height is the same as the dent there are trim marks on my fender that match his marks and when Ilooked at his bumper the trim had white paint in the groove that is the color of my van I took some pics with my digital camera and them approached him about it. he claims that he was at work and got kind of Irate about the situation saying he had to go etc. getting upset but will not admit to any thing. As form him being gone I have two people that sayes he was there that monday evening when hew claims he was at work what should I do can I do any thing this kind fo thing just makes me mad if you know what I mean by the way the blazer has not been around since I talked to him seems kind of weird to me any help is appriciated thatks justin

HomeGuru

jmmbemn1 said:
What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Minnesota
Well I am new to the forum and have a situation that has come up recently I parked my van on the street in front of my house for a hour or so and came back out to go to the store and there is a huge dent in the front fender I went to get a estimate on the damage and it will cost 650-800 to fix depends on what kind of parts they use oem or aftermarket. but here is the real question I did not see any one hit the van but the neighbors drive way is right across the street and his blazer bumper height is the same as the dent there are trim marks on my fender that match his marks and when Ilooked at his bumper the trim had white paint in the groove that is the color of my van I took some pics with my digital camera and them approached him about it. he claims that he was at work and got kind of Irate about the situation saying he had to go etc. getting upset but will not admit to any thing. As form him being gone I have two people that sayes he was there that monday evening when hew claims he was at work what should I do can I do any thing this kind fo thing just makes me mad if you know what I mean by the way the blazer has not been around since I talked to him seems kind of weird to me any help is appriciated thatks justin
**A: could you please spend a little more time revising your post.

H

hexeliebe

do the words runon sentence, punctuation, spelling and English have any meaning?

J

jmmbemn1

yes sorry about the grammer and languge problems but what about the legal problem

mykoleary

He said he wasn't there, people saw him there. Good job, you've caught him in a lie!!!

Too bad that's not illegal.

OK, you found paint that matches your car on his. Great!!

I assume you have had a chemical analysis done on it by a reputable lab to verify your findings, right?

Unless and until you get a friend to lie and say they saw him hit your car, then you appear to be up the creek and he is in the clear.

J

jmmbemn1

I have not done any paint testing.
He has not been around for a day or so what do I do file a police report and let them test it, or is this my duty????

mykoleary

jmmbemn1 said:
I have not done any paint testing.
He has not been around for a day or so what do I do file a police report and let them test it, or is this my duty????
Point of reference - I was being sarcastic...

The police will laugh at you if you ask them to test the paint.

You will cry if you do, as it will likely cost more than your repairs.

File a police report, but understand that it is VERY likely that nothing will come from it given your facts. It's nice peace of mind, and if you decide to have insurance pay for costs over your deductible, it will likely be required.

Otherwise, suck it up and get your car fixed. Your neighbor won't do it for you...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">