• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fender bender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fatass

What is the name of your state? Oregon is the name of my state, my quest ion is, my son was in a fender bender on 12-11-04 in which a car in front of him suddenly stopped in order to avoid hitting a car that stopped suddenly in front of them, the first car did not pull over but the one that my son hit did, she only took his name and ph# and told him that she would call if she wanted to file a claim, she never called and we thought that there was no harm done to her car or else she would have gotten a hold of us the day after it happened, now 1-06-05 she has called and wants to speak to my son, we are not sure if we should talk to her and find out what she wants or if we should now file a police report which was not done because our son did not get any information and the bump did not seem to cause any damage, has someone experienced this situation and what do we do if this person now wants to collect money for something that our son may or may not have done, it has been almost a month and this car could have been hit several times since then, I know that filing a police report should be done but this kind of thing does not happen every day and that did not even cross our minds... please advise

Last edited:

beenough

fatass said:
What is the name of your state? Oregon is the name of my state, my quest ion is, my son was in a fender bender on 12-11-04 in which a car in front of him suddenly stopped in order to avoid hitting a car that stopped suddenly in front of them, the first car did not pull over but the one that my son hit did, she only took his name and ph# and told him that she would call if she wanted to file a claim, she never called and we thought that there was no harm done to her car or else she would have gotten a hold of us the day after it happened, now 1-06-05 she has called and wants to speak to my son, we are not sure if we should talk to her and find out what she wants or if we should now file a police report which was not done because our son did not get any information and the bump did not seem to cause any damage, has someone experienced this situation and what do we do if this person now wants to collect money for something that our son may or may not have done, it has been almost a month and this car could have been hit several times since then, I know that filing a police report should be done but this kind of thing does not happen every day and that did not even cross our minds... please advise

it's easy to say what you should have done, but perhaps you should speak directly to the woman. just make sure you or your son admits NO fault. you can see what she has to say, and if youre willing to pay it, then you can settle it. if not, or if you think youre not at fault, simply trade insurance information and tell your insurance company your story, and they will tell theirs their story, and then they will set out who they deem to be at fault.

it sounds like you may just want to send it to your insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">