• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fender bender on private property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dsquestion

What is the name of your state? California
My boyfriend was working on a new housing complex. While he was working in one of the houses another guy, working for a different company, ran into the front end of his truck. The guy went to my boyfriend and told him that he had hit him and that he would give him some money for repairs. My boyfriend said fine, but he wanted to get estimates for the amount of repair. He took the truck to 3 different body shops and all the estimates are about the same; $2300. Now the guy says it's too much and doesn't want to pay. At time of accident police were called but said they couldn't do anything because it was private property. The guy who hit him has a suspended license and no insurance. He works for co. that knows he has to drive in order to work for them and they failed to check if had either of these. Yet, claim they have no responsibility for the accident. Is there anything we can do to get someone to pay for the damage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">