• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fiery Crash Near Richmond, VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lynnehermena

What is the name of your state? VA

My husband's niece is the one that was injured in this Fiery Crash, at the end of August.

http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/times_dispatch.apx.-content-articles-RTD-2007-09-02-0261.html

She subsequently died of the injuries. The niece left behind 3 grown children. The family is preparing for a wrongful death lawsuit. The niece has no husband and no will. Can her mother participate in this lawsuit or only her children?

quincy

I am so sorry about the loss of your niece.

Amost all immediate family members are able to bring a wrongful death suit. Your mother and father-in-law can sue, your niece's parents can sue, her children can sue, the father of the children can sue, and your husband could potentially sue, as well.

These are not criminal charges but rather civil action lawsuits that allow you to recover damages for mental anguish, pain and suffering, medical costs, lost wages, and so on.

Again, I am very sorry to hear about the death of your niece.

Last edited:

Lynnehermena

Thanks for the condolences. I will pass that information on to the immediate family.

My husband and I are not trying to make any money off of her tragic death, but it is a severe loss to her (my niece's) mother.

Thanks again for your prompt response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">