• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting with the Insurance Co.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennylorraine

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Two weeks ago, a Tahoe hit my Elantra. I called in the claim the day it happened, and the next day, I was able to get my car into the shop. I was given a rental for the 10 days my car was being repaired.

When I picked my car up, I noticed the hubcap & the window strip was still damaged, and someone had closed my hood (which was not damaged in the accident) on something, so now it was damaged. I have to take it BACK in on Tuesday to get it all fixed again.

My baby was in the back seat (in her carseat) during the accident, so I needed to replace the carseat. I bought one the next day, and saved the receipt, so the Ins company could reimburse me. I have fought with them about it for 2 weeks, and they finally agreed to pay for it. And that is it. They have no paperwork for me to sign. NOTHING.

Am I wrong to think there should be something more? Paperwork? Compensation for my year old car being diminished in value? Anything else besides being paid back for the carseat?

Thanks,

Jenny

HomeGuru

jennylorraine said:

Two weeks ago, a Tahoe hit my Elantra. I called in the claim the day it happened, and the next day, I was able to get my car into the shop. I was given a rental for the 10 days my car was being repaired.

When I picked my car up, I noticed the hubcap & the window strip was still damaged, and someone had closed my hood (which was not damaged in the accident) on something, so now it was damaged. I have to take it BACK in on Tuesday to get it all fixed again.

My baby was in the back seat (in her carseat) during the accident, so I needed to replace the carseat. I bought one the next day, and saved the receipt, so the Ins company could reimburse me. I have fought with them about it for 2 weeks, and they finally agreed to pay for it. And that is it. They have no paperwork for me to sign. NOTHING.

Am I wrong to think there should be something more? Paperwork? Compensation for my year old car being diminished in value? Anything else besides being paid back for the carseat?

Thanks,

Jenny
**A: and what does your insurance company have to say about all of this?
You did file with your insurance company right?

B

BennyDi

jennylorraine said:

Thanks,

Jenny
Sometimes, insurance companies have you, and the auto body shop who made the actual repairs, sign a form (proof of repair) stating the vehicle was repaired. If the form isn't signed, any future damage claim to the same area, may be denied.

You might want to ask the claims department if they require signatures on such a form.

I have never heard of any insurance company paying out compensation for devaluation of a vehicle.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Re: Fighting with the Insurance Co.

BennyDi said:

I have never heard of any insurance company paying out compensation for devaluation of a vehicle.

=================================

My response:

That's because you're not in the business of representing claimants or clients. Benny, you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about. "Diminished value" claims are routinely paid, as long as there's proof of value, before and after.

My patience is really growing thin.

IAAL

Last edited:
B

BennyDi

Re: Re: Re: Fighting with the Insurance Co.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
BennyDi said:

=================================

My response:

That's because you're not in the business of representing claimants or clients. Benny, you simply don't know what the hell you're talking about. "Diminished value" claims are routinely paid, as long as there's proof of value, before and after.

My patience is really growing thin.

IAAL
Ahhhh....but you are wrong. I AM in the business. In New York state. I am not a claim rep, but I am a licensed insurance agent. Because I have not heard of this happening, doesn't mean it doesn't happen, it means just what I said, I haven't heard of it happening. And since I am not a claim rep, it very well CAN happen and I'm just not aware of it. I am sorry that I am causing your patience to wear thin. My intention is not to give you stress. I don't know everything and can learn. This is a good vehicle for learning. I appreciate your comments and I do value your knowledge and intelligence, as well as your opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">