• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fighting a red light citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jenerey

i live in P.A. I was in an accident where I got hit. I was going through the intersection when the light turned yellow. The car in front of me stopped after going through the intersection. He double parked at the corner to let a passanger out, leaving me stuck in the intersection. THe light turned red while I was there. A car coming perpindicular throught the intersection hit me as I was just about through. A few days after that I received a citation in the mail for running a red light. I looked at the police report and there were no witnesses. It was my word against hers. If I don't fight the ticket, I will be accepting liability causing me to pay a $500. deductible and $100. citation. I know I was not at fault. If I plead not guilty and go to court to fight this, Do I have a chance at winning? I've never gotten a ticket or been in an accident before. What happens if I lose. Do I then have to pay court costs etc?
Thanks

T

The Legal Shoppe

Call your local county or state bar association. They should refer you to a lawyer whho can help you for little or no cost to you. Do it now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">