• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

filing BK - received settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needsomefacts

What is the name of your state?
Florida

I filed for a Chapter 7 today however did not disclose all of my information accuratly. I received a settlement of 20k a few months ago and was told that since it was for a car accident that caused 5% disability that I did not need to tell anyone and that it would not be reported to the IRS therefor I would not need to pay taxes on it.

My questions - Is there anyway for the trusstee to find out that I received this money? Does the insurance co seriously not have to report where and who they give there money to? If they found out I did have this money what would happen and is there any process that the courts can do to see that I received this money.

I did not deposit it in my account. My attorney that helped me with this claim said that nobody would know unless I told them, but I don't know that I can trust that the state officials wouldn't be able to track this kind of stuff.

please help!!!! my bankrucpy attny will be filing for me on Monday and I need to know if I should open up the can of worms or not.........
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">